This category is for photo essays that capture a compelling, relatable, and raw aspect of family life, childhood, or parenthood.
Your documentary photo essay should have a unique point of view and theme that unifies the photographs. Please make sure to describe your concept in the submission.
We look for:
- 8 - 15 photographs, GIFs, or, possibly, short compelling videos in a submission
- Professional quality images
- The images are beautiful without drastic editing, filters, or manipulation.
- We are not looking for family portraits or similar staged arrangements.
- Each photo must be at least 3000 px wide at 72 DPI
What will the photo essay look like?
Your images will be displayed in a single column, with little or no text. If you would like to submit a description, we may publish it along with the piece.
Each photo will include a copyright with your name.